Leadership Assistant to Lead Pastor
// LEADERSHIP ASSISTANT (LA) JOB DESCRIPTION //
- Manage Lead Pastor’s and Teaching Pastor’s Calendars (including organizing and scheduling meetings)
- Book travel arrangements
- Manage Lead Pastor’s email (including sending emails on his behalf)
- Send meeting reminders for staff and leadership team
- Prepare and send church-wide communication (newsletter, texts, emails, etc.)
- Answer and direct church phone calls
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries about the church
- Send, receive, sort, and distribute mail
- Develop and update administrative systems (time-tracking, Google workplace, Asana, Slack) to make them more efficient
- Resolve administrative problems
- Assist with HR related tasks (i.e., communicating staff holidays, manage time off)
- Oversee the execution of various projects (make purchases, sign orders, t-shirts)
- Pay Bills
- Order office supplies
- Complete expense reports
- Approve Expense reports for all team members
Sunday Morning (9:00-11:00am)
- Assist Lead Pastor on Sundays (confirm he has what he needs, help oversee changes)
- Assist Lead Pastor in overseeing the Sunday morning experience – ex. If a team leader needs something, the LA will be the point of contact
- Plan events including Baptism Services, Women’s Christmas event, Servant Leader Celebrations, etc.
- Oversee special event Sundays (i.e., decor/special setups for Mother’s day, Father’s Day, Easter, Christmas, etc.)
- Organize bi-annual day-long planning meetings, etc.
- Schedule Leadership team meetings and communicate dates to team members
- Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor to go over upcoming tasks and objectives
- Attend monthly leadership meetings (record minutes for leadership meetings)
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Attend quarterly staff gatherings
- Attend Bi-annual planning meetings
Time commitment: ~20 hours per week
// EXPECTATIONS //
- Exhibits a life given fully over to Jesus.
- Demonstrates a deep desire to grow in his/her abilities; has a humble and teachable attitude that receives the guidance of the Lead Pastor and the Elders
- Regularly spends time in prayer and study of scripture
- Responds to conflict with maturity, directness, and peacemaking; can interact well with a variety of personalities
- Is involved in discipleship, mentoring, and spiritual community on a one-on-one or group basis (or is willing to be involved in that).
// CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT //
- Supports and adheres to the Vision and Philosophy of Ministry of Bright City Church and its theological beliefs.
- Engages actively with the congregation seeking to deepen relationships with those in our congregation.
- Staff must be willing to become an active member of Bright City at the beginning of employment.
// ABOUT BRIGHT CITY //
Bright City Church launched with the ARC Network in September, 2018. Bright City was a dream that God woke us up in the middle of the night with. It was the dream for a community that simply, passionately sought to follow Jesus, apart from cultural christianity, cliches, and over-simplistic faith that does not match our complex world. We want to see real, true, deep commitment to Jesus and those he came to save. That’s our heart, and what we think God is calling us to.
// HOW TO APPLY //
Email us with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org