WORSHIP AND CREATIVE ARTS PASTOR
Bright City is looking for someone called to lead an exciting new community in real, true, deep, passionate worship.
Our heart at Bright City is to see people restored in the 3 key areas we experience brokenness as human beings: with God, with others, and in ourselves. We believe that as we welcome Christ into our lives and take steps to follow him, we experience restoration in ourselves and bring this restoration to others. We are seeking someone to lead our community in worship who understands their responsibility is to help people see properly who God is, and why this God is worthy of our entire lives’ surrender.
Our worship style is a blend of modern worship (Hillsong, elevation, MSC, Passion, Maverick City), Gospel (Vashawn Mitchell, Israel Houghton, Phil Thompson, etc.), and hymns. We want to connect the passion of worship to the deeper rhythms of life that God is always, already, everywhere at work in (creation, fall, redemption, restoration).
// JOB SUMMARY //
The Worship Pastor will engage the community at our weekly worship gathering with creative and quality music that invites people to give themselves more fully to God’s mission in the world. This position will also oversee the recording and production of our online services.
The Worship Pastor is the staff member who oversees all musical and creative elements of worship gatherings, leading music for worship in Sunday morning gatherings, rehearsing and shepherding Bright City’s musical, and creative volunteer teams.
The Worship Pastor must see their work as essential to discipling our community, especially through music, scripture, and proclamation.
// QUALIFICATIONS //
Experience: Minimum of 2 years leading worship
Knowledge, skills, and gifts:
- Established worship leading skills as a musician and vocalist
- Comfortable and confident in speaking, praying and leading in worship
- Effective stage presence
- Has a desire and ability to develop other worship leaders
- Strong leadership skills; pastoral heart and love for people; ability to lead a team of volunteers and work effectively with staff and leadership teams
// EXPECTATIONS //
- Exhibits a life given fully over to Jesus.
- Demonstrates a deep desire to grow in his/her abilities; has a humble and teachable attitude that receives the guidance of the Lead Pastor and the Elders
- Regularly spends time in prayer and study of scripture
- Responds to conflict with maturity, directness, and peacemaking; can interact well with a variety of personalities
- Is involved in discipleship, mentoring, and spiritual community on a one-on-one or group basis (or is willing to be involved in that)
- Use music as a way to connect with those who don’t know Jesus
Conditions of Employment
- Supports and adheres to the Vision and Philosophy of Ministry of Bright City Church and its theological beliefs.
- Engages actively with the congregation seeking to deepen relationships with those in our congregation.
- Staff must be willing to become an active member of Bright City at the beginning of employment.
// DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES //
- Oversee Worship
- Build a culture or real, true, deep passionate worship at Bright City.
- Serve as the primary worship leader in Sunday morning worship gatherings, while also involving other musicians and worship leaders
- Plan weekly services that fit with the series theme; post service plans on Planning Center Online, including song lists, example recordings, chord charts, and other creative and liturgical elements
- participate in special events and help in the the planning of such events (i.e, Christmas service)
- Schedule, rehearse, and communicate with volunteer musicians/vocalists for weekly gatherings. Includes a weekly rehearsal (on a weeknight of your choosing) and rehearsal on Sunday morning before our gathering
- Oversee the production team
- This includes overseeing: recording, editing and producing Sunday services
- Developing and overseeing the improvement of our live stream and best practices
- Recruiting and training new production team members
- Recruit, audition, and develop volunteers
// ABOUT Bright City //
Bright City Church launched with the ARC Network in September, 2018. Bright City was a dream that God woke us up in the middle of the night with. It was the dream for a community that simply, passionately sought to follow Jesus, apart from cultural christianity, cliches, and over-simplistic faith that does not match our complex world. We want to see real, true, deep commitment to Jesus and those he came to save. That’s our heart, and what we think God is calling us to.
// How to apply //
Email us with the following at: email@example.com
- If you have them, Video links (YouTube, Vimeo) to any recordings with acceptable audio and video quality of you leading worship while singing and playing an instrument. Footage from a worship service preferred.